Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gender Reveal!!

As many of you know and most of you attended our Gender Reveal Party was this past weekend!!

Although it was a TON of work it was a blast!! I recommend a gender reveal party to anyone expecting!! It is the best of both worlds...you are genuinely surprised (I know we were for sure) however you also can plan room, clothes, accessories etc! Plus you get to share this moment with your closest family and friends!! THANK YOU to everyone who attended!!
 
Here are a few photos from the weekend!!
 
Voting Station
     

Centerpieces I handcrafted with photos of Tyler and I on each side of a dowel rod in a jar of alternating blue and pink sand!!
 
The cake created by Hyvee....What will baby ward be?
 

After all the votes had been cast!

Checking out the voting board....as well as note the paint chip banner that I handcrafted to say BOY or GIRL?

Before we cut the cake!

Baby Ward is a GIRL!! The cake is PINK?!?

To say we were shocked was an understatement!! For some reason we both just thought or more assumed the baby would for sure be a boy! I have always thought I would never have a girl....don't really know why but I did. Well when I cut through the cake and we couldn't quite see the color and pulled it out to cut again...I heard my Aunt say it's pink....and I was like no way. As we pulled out the chunk Tyler announces to the crowd "Yep it's PINK." I was literally SPEECHLESS! As you all know I never shut up so to be speechless is rare. However Tyler was by far the most taken aback....he was caught SO off guard! Here I am reminding him that earlier in the week I told him we were gonna wear blue and the cake would be pink!! Well there we were in all blue with a pink cake!
 
It has sunk in and we are both so excited to meet our precious baby GIRL!! I am SO excited to have a daughter. I can not wait to dress her up and adorn her in so many bows!! YAY!! It was such a fun surprise and so fun to have all of our relatives and close friends there to share in it!!
 
My little Brother Marshall handcrafted this AWESOME baby carriage watermelon carving!! It was a wonderful centerpiece to the food table!!
 

So here it is!! The board is officially PINK!! Only 19 more weeks to go....I am officially in shopping, creating, crafting, decorating, prepping....etc mode!! I don't even know what to do first!!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to have another great niece! I told Tyler that it would be OK with me if you named her "Kristin." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a girl! I have already started shopping too! PS.. I really like your hair in your 21 week photo!

    ReplyDelete