Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Fun!!

The week of Halloween marked week #34 of pregnancy so of course I had to do a Halloween theme :)
 

 
The shirt in the photo is an idea from pinterest slightly modified to my tastes :)
This is the post from pinterest:
 
Here is my tutorial:
You will want to start with a template I just printed off a plain classic jack-o-lantern face off the internet...an orange shirt and some black felt. I bought two sheets of felt just incase I messed up etc
You start with a plain orange shirt of your liking...I got mine in long sleeve for $6 at Walmart!  
 It was from the normal clothing section...I didn't want a plain stiff "craft" t-shirt like the girl in the original post suggests :)
 
I then put the shirt on so that it was stretched to my belly because things lay way different on a stretched belly shirt than a nice flat shirt on the table lol :) I then commissioned Tyler's help I held the template up to my tummy and he marked dots on the shirt with a sharpie by poking through the template where the eyes, nose and mouth needed to go!

I then cut out the pieces of felt off the pattern and hot glued (this is one of the biggest differences between my demo and the other gals...she says to use fabric bond blah blah...well I use a glue gun for EVERYTHING and once again it didn't let me down) glue them on by using the black dots as a guide. I then made a bow because as we all know Baby K is a girl...and my love for bows :) I made a simple flat bow and hot glued it up above the eye!
You have a super simple fun Halloween baby themed shirt!!
 
In addition to this craft Tyler and I decided we would carve pumpkins this year...I haven't done this is FOREVER!! So it was super fun!!
Here are some photos of us carving and our creations :)
Tyler starting on Baby K's pumpkin!


Gypsy was of course close by to help assist! Tyler got a little close with the flash lol

Drawing the K!!
 
Getting the goop out of my pumpkin...I forgot how messy this process was :)

Starting to Carve his pumpkin!
 
Here is the finished product:


Mine a Kitty and pumpkin.

Baby K!

Tyler freehanded his off a pic from the internet :)
 
Happy Halloween....a few days late from the Wards!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the festivities for the festive holiday! Great job, M & T! :)

    ReplyDelete