Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Camera!!

With the arrival of our baby girl getting closer I decided it was time to go on a camera hunt!!
 
I have wanted a nice (better than just a point and shoot...a DSLR style) camera for quite some time!
 
I had gathered a nice little savings from x-mas, birthday and working for my mom helping her manage her business in quickbooks etc.... I call this my CFO money...I am the chief financial officer of Suzanne's Auto Detailing :)
 
Anyway Tyler and I found the one we wanted...got the stamp of approval on quality and price from my best friend Amanda who happens to be a pro photographer! So while on a trip to Topeka to register at Babies R Us we stopped in at Wolfe's camera shop and purchased this beauty:
 
A Nikon D3100
14.2 megapixels with an auto stabilizing 18 to 55mm Lens
 
It is extremely user friendly and gets great shots!!
I can't wait till our little girl is here so we can capture all of her firsts!!
 
Here are a few shots that Tyler and I have taken while playing around and practicing :)
 
Gypsy Girl has been our most popular subject!
 
 
As well as our parents pets....
Mr. Knuckles my parents French Bulldog 
 
Tyler's parents cat Frosty
 
However one of the best things we have captured so far are the next images:
                                  
 
Okay so the photos themselves aren't exactly great...but the story that goes along with them is!!

 
My parents cleaned out one of their closets this past weekend and while looking through some old items they found this shirt that was my mothers in high school!
 
Yes that is a dot matrix photo of my father screened onto a t-shirt with the inscription below
 "My Guy."
My Mom said she took the shirt out of the box held it up to my little bro and could not believe how much he looks like my Dad at the same age!! Now we have known for a while that my bro looks JUST like my Dad did at the same age however seeing it in this top/bottom comparison was HILARIOUS!!
 
When I went over to my parents to show off my new camera my little bro just so happen to put the shirt on and I had to capture the moment!! My Mom and I probably laughed for 5 minutes straight :)
 
Like father like son....literally :) 
 
Have a fabulous Tuesday!! ~Monica
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment