Monday, August 12, 2013

Pinterest Project....becoming a reality!

 

Today I embarked on the beginnings of my first pinterest project for baby girl's nursery!!
I have LOTS of ideas for our little girl's nursery and many are from pinterest of course!!
However by far one of my favorites is pictured below!! 
 
I am planning to do something very similar to these fabric circles in the nursery!
You use embroidery hoops to stretch different patterned fabrics and display them on the wall :)
 
I LOVE this simple yet fun yet shabby chic look!
As some of you may have heard we are keeping baby girl's name a secret until she is here however we are disclosing that is starts with a K.
 
Tyler is planning to make a giant wooden K that we will paint a dusty pink and surround it with the fabric circles!! Instead of spelling out the entire name like in the photo. 
 
So I set out on the first step!! Choosing all the fun fabrics :)
I spent....let just say a little while browsing Joann's Fabrics today picking out just the right ones!!
I plan to spray paint the embroidery hoops gold to add a little pa-zaz!
 
Here are photos of the fabrics I have selected!!
The potential crib bumper has pink/white polka dots on one side and pink/lime green paisley print on the other! So I chose fabrics that kinda pull all this together while still being eclectic!
 
 
Green Paisley


Brown and Pink Polka Dots


Pink Paisley


Brown Baby Chevron


Lime Green, Pink, and Orange Flowers along with Brown and White Polka Dots

 This extra large hoop will have the same pattern as the one above but will be on a different wall!
 
I will post pictures when the project is finished, hung on the wall, surrounding the giant K!!
 
Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and fabrics and generally the whole decorating idea! And, of course, I love the "K"! Great job, Monica! :)

    ReplyDelete