Thursday, June 27, 2013

TBT!!

Throwback Thursday!!
 
This very weekend 8 yes...EIGHT years ago Tyler Ward and I went out on our first date! Dinner at Applebee's and an exciting round of miniature golf :) Yep...as classy as it comes!
 
I can't believe it has been eight years!! Where has the time gone?!? If you had told me 8 years ago that I would be Tyler's girlfriend, fiancé, wife and soon to be mother of his child...not sure if I would have believed you!! We were just really good friends and it kinda just went from there.
 
Special thanks to my best friend Amanda for setting us up....we were friends from taking woodshop together but hadn't considered dating until Amanda suggested it to us! Separately of course... 
 
Also huge Thanks to my Mom...she is the reason we went on that first date
Here is the crazy story:
 
Tyler would come in and visit me quite often at the Hardware store I worked at (of which my Mom worked at too). He would come in to get some item for one of his many summer projects and stay and chat awhile like I said we were pretty good friends. Well I think we started or at least I started to think we may be more than just friends. One day Tyler came into the hardware store paid for his items and just left...no hi no bye no conversation. I was BUMMED and told my Mom in a mini breakdown in the tool aisle that he obviously didn't like me. Well she didn't believe that so when Tyler dropped of a chain to be sharpened later that week...she told all the employee's that no one could call him to tell him it was ready besides me :( EEEK! I was very nervous to call...but I had to it was my job right?!?
Well I got my future Mother in Law LuAnn...yes back in 2006 people still used the land line sometimes LOL! She was very nice and said Oh I will send Tyler right down to get the chain. About 10 minutes later Tyler shows up at the store and just so happened to ask me out on our very 1st date!!
 
Okay so moral of the story is that Mother's intuition is always right my Mom knew that Tyler liked me and Thank goodness she didn't let me give up hope!! Tyler claims he doesn't even remember blowing me off that one day but...who knows he was pretty much mine from then on haha!!
 
I am SO glad I went on that very first date.
 
So here are a couple old photos of Tyler and I one from 2007 and our first engagement photos from 2009 :)
 

 
Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment